News from FEMA:
A FEMA/State Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) will open Friday, Sept. 16, in Salem County to provide face-to-face assistance to those who suffered damage and losses from Hurricane Irene.
The center is located at:
Ware Agricultural Complex
51 Cheney Road
Woodstown, NJ 08098 (Mannington Township)
The center will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week, until further notice. Residents are urged to register before visiting a DRC.
There are three ways to register – go to www.disasterassistance.gov, to m.fema.gov or call FEMA toll-free, 800-621-3362 (FEMA). Those with access or functional needs and who use a TTY may call 800-462-7585 or use 711 or Video Relay Service to call 800-621-3362. Telephone lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET; multilingual operators are available. .
At the center, visitors can:
- Receive information about different types of state and federal disaster assistance.
- Get help completing applications for U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations.
- Inquire about the status of applications for federal assistance.
- Receive referrals to voluntary organizations to help with immediate unmet needs.
- Learn cost-effective measures to reduce the impact of future disaster losses.
FEMA’s (The Federal Emergency management Agency’s) mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
See this article at the FEMA website.
If you have any questions about flood insurance, please visit our website at www.hdyoung.com or give us a call at 856-935-0845.
Henry D Young Inc is a TrustedChoice® Insurance Agency.