• Thoroughly clean gas grill at beginning of season. Replace and maintain fire extinguisher near but not on the grill at all times. Never throw a match in a grill, especially after the gas has been on three seconds.
• Never wear a loose apron or loose clothing while grilling. Always wear shoes.
• Always use the grill’s starter button. If the starter is broken, do not use the grill.
• Cover the grill to avoid to corrosion and rusting in both the controls and gas line. Rust can make grill controls hard to read and make the starter button difficult to depress. Consider using a grill with an automatic starter rather than a button starter.
• Avoid cooking foods with a high fat content which can produce high flames. Always thoroughly cook food to a safe temperature.
• Never throw away grill instructions or owner’s manual. Follow manufacturer’s directions carefully.
• Outdoor fire pits are often low to the ground and could be alluring to children. Make sure to keep children away even long after the fire has been extinguished. Fire pits can hold heat for several hours after the flames are gone.
For more information, please give us a call at 856-935-0845, or visit our website at www.hdyoung.com.
Henry D Young Inc is a TrustedChoice® Insurance Agency.
The information in this article is meant as a guideline only and is provided by. There is nothing in this article that alters the coverage or interpretation of any specific policy. Because some statements are generalizations, and because different companies’ policies contain slight differences, please refer to your specific policy. Call our office before making any judgements or decisions concerning your particular situation and coverage that may, or may not, apply.